Which would you prefer between Fildena vs Kamagra? Both are Sildenafil Citrate-containing treatments for the condition erectile dysfunction (ED) in male patients. Fildena and Kamagra products are both generic treatments, which make them extra affordable compared to the brand-name Viagra from Pfizer. The brands Fildena and Kamagra are from Indian pharmaceutical companies Fortune Healthcare and Ajanta Pharma, but they are supplied to a number of countries worldwide since the companies making them are multinational companies and the most of the online vendors with both these products supply them to international locations.
When patients have erectile dysfunction or ED, they are unable to respond to sexual stimulation properly even if they are aroused, as their erectile response is impeded. There are several factors which can cause the dysfunction and surprisingly, age is not the only contributing factor to the disease. Age only increases the risk of patients in contracting erectile dysfunction, but there are also other things which contribute to the prevalence of the dysfunction in men. Some of the known factors which affect ED prevalence in the patient population include
- Disease. There are certain diseases which cause anatomical changes which affect the erectile response in patients. Diseases such as diabetes, prostate cancer or disease, and obesity are only some of the examples of diseases which may cause erectile dysfunction in patients.
- Chronic lifestyle habits. Alcoholism, drug abuse, and chain/chronic smoking also contribute to the development of erectile dysfunction in patients. These bad lifestyle practices also cause damages to the erectile response of the patients. Most of the younger ED patients with the prevalence of alcoholism, drug abuse, and chronic smoking have more severe ED cases than of the older men with the same disease.
- Drug side effect. Some treatments alter the erectile functioning of the patients, especially those who are hormonal in nature. Some treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms and male pattern hair loss are examples of drugs which can cause transient ED in patients. The effects are reversible, though, months after discontinuation of the drugs causing ED.
- Emotional state. A number of patients suffering from erectile dysfunction are traced to have ED as a consequence of stress, anxiety, depression, and related conditions.
- Physical factors. Trauma or injury to parts related to erectile function like the male genitalia and the urinary system can also hinder patients from having an excellent erectile function. Spinal cord injury is also one of the contributors to ED in patients.
- Age. Although aging does not necessarily cause erectile dysfunction in patients, age increases the risk of the patients in contracting ED due to the physical implications of aging. The narrowing of the blood vessels which supply the penis is also one of the causes of problems in erectile function, as blood flow plays a significant role in erectile function.
Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
Patients diagnosed with erectile dysfunction at times have limited options for their treatments. Initially, though, doctors try other treatment options than giving patients the actual treatments for erectile dysfunction, since the ED problem may be a consequence of other factors. But if such interventions fail, the patients are given options like oral ED treatments like Sildenafil Citrate, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil, whichever the physicians deem appropriate for the patients. All of these oral treatments belong to the family of PDE5 inhibitors (phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors). The PDE5 inhibitor family is well-known for its effectiveness when it comes to treating erectile dysfunction, although these drugs are also used in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms such as difficulty in passing urine. But, these PDE5 inhibitors are more famous for treating ED than these other diseases.
Fildena vs Kamagra: The Generic Treatments
Currently, there are two options available for PDE5 inhibitor oral treatments. There are generic and brand-name treatments available for the patients to use. The brand-name treatments are the well-known brands such as Viagra (Pfizer), Cialis (Eli Lilly), and Levitra (Bayer). These are the pioneers for the three PDE5 inhibitor treatments, and being such meant being able to dictate the market prices for these products (which made them charge so much for their products).
Fildena vs Kamagra are competitors for erectile dysfunction treatment and both belong to the generic erectile dysfunction treatment category. These drugs are two of the well-known and used treatments for ED and are both from pharmaceutical manufacturers in India. India’s pharmaceutical industry is rather known for supplying most of the pharmaceutical products of the world. It is also the largest country in terms of generic medication production, as the country is home to numerous local and multinational pharmaceutical companies.
Generic products like Fildena and Kamagra have similar/identical active pharmaceutical ingredient content as the brand-name treatment. These products are often termed as “generic Viagra” treatments because they contain the same Sildenafil Citrate content as the branded Viagra treatment. But because the costs incurred by the production of these generic brands are much less than of the production cost of the pioneer brand (+research costs, clinical testing, etc.), the price of generic treatments for ED are much more affordable than the branded treatments.
Fildena vs Kamagra: Differences
Although both Fildena and Kamagra came from India, these products were made by separate pharmaceutical manufacturers. Fildena is made by the company Fortune Healthcare, while Kamagra is produced by the company Ajanta Pharma. Both are long-running companies; Fortune came about in 1986, while Ajanta Pharma was incepted in 1973. These two companies are also concerned with the manufacture of various dosage formulations for their products; they make oral liquids, tablets, capsules, dry powders, and more.
As for accreditations, Fortune Healthcare has a WHO-GMP certification and an ISO 9001:2000 certification for its facility. Ajanta Pharma, too, is WHO-GMP certified for its 6 facilities and also US FDA approved for one of its manufacturing plants. The company Ajanta also has a number of its products certified by the US FDA and has several products with pending approval by the prestigious drug-regulating body.
Both companies are also known to export their products to a number of countries of the world. Ajanta Pharma has its presence in some 30 countries including the USA, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and CIS; Fortune Healthcare also exports its products to countries like Vietnam, the Philippines, the USA, and also Africa.
There are a few reviews available from users who were able to try out either Fildena and Kamagra:
The reviewers for Kamagra seemed to be happy with the drug’s effect although there were not many details about their use of the product.
There were a few reviews available on Medschat.com for both Fildena and Kamagra. Kamagra had limited reviews while Fildena had a few although most of the comments for Fildena mentioned that the drug did not work as it should. Users complained that somehow the drug is ineffective for ED treatment and commented that the drug has a lower potency compared with the other generic treatments for ED. The reviewers for Kamagra, on the other hand, were happy about the drug’s effect, although they did not elaborate on the details.
Fildena and Kamagra are popular among online vendors on the internet, so it is not hard to find stores which sell the products. Here are the examples of the prices for Fildena and Kamagra online:
Fildena costs $0.88 per pill while Kamagra costs $1 per pill for the same 100 mg item. These products’ prices on Drugspillsmart.com are actually cheap, but the store only offers a minimum of 40 pieces each order, which is actually higher than the 10-pill minimum of other stores.
Fildena and Kamagra are recommended to be taken as needed, at least 30 minutes before the planned sexual activity. These drugs should be taken without food, for optimal performance. Alcoholic drinks should be avoided as drinking and Sildenafil does not go well together and may lower the blood pressure to dangerous levels. Only one dose is advised to be taken within a span of 24 hours.
Since both Fildena vs Kamagra are with the same active pharmaceutical ingredient (API), patients can expect the same side effects for both drugs. Here are some of the side effects which patients taking either Fildena or Kamagra may experience:
- Blurry vision
- Stomach pain
- Back pain.
So Which is Best to Take between Fildena vs Kamagra?
I say it’s good to take either since generic drugs are almost all the same. But I had to consider the Fildena users comments of low potency, so maybe Kamagra is better to take, although it costs generally a bit more than Fildena. But users seem to prefer Kamagra over Fildena based on the comments, so Kamagra wins this round.